There are several things you need to understand to ensure that you are eligible to receive financial aid.
- Consortium Agreements - Students who are accepted in a financial aid eligible program at LTC and are considering taking one or more courses at another school that apply towards their degree at LTC or are part of an interwoven program may request a consortium agreement between the schools.
- Drug Convictions - Drug convictions may impact your eligibility. Students convicted of drug offenses committed while receiving federal financial aid may be ineligible for federal financial aid for one (1) or more years from the date of conviction.
- Enrollment Status - Enrollment status is based on the number of financial aid eligible credits in which you are enrolled. Some courses are not eligible for financial aid and cannot be included in the enrollment status.
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress - Students must make satisfactory academic progress for each term of enrollment in order to remain eligible for financial aid the following term.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities - Current law requires each eligible institution participating in Title IV financial aid programs to provide student financial assistance and other institutional information.
- Reapply for Financial Aid – To continue to receive financial aid, you need to continue all eligibility requirements as well as complete a FAFSA for the new school year. Reapply for Financial Aid.
- General Eligibility- There are other general eligibility requirements that must be met such as citizenship, high school degree completion, and selective service registration compliance.