Accounting is an evolving and dynamic career, appealing to all ages and skill sets. LTC will prepare you with systems, team building and public speaking skills to meet the needs of today’s accounting careers.
Associate Degree • 4 terms • 68 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
If you are an energetic self-starter, inquisitive, adaptable, analytical, and a forward thinker with good communications skills, you have what it takes to be rewarded in the accounting field.
LTC will help you uncover new opportunities in this exciting career.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Accounting program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Process financial transactions throughout the accounting cycle.
- Analyze financial and business information to support planning and decision making.
- Perform payroll preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Perform cost accounting preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Perform organizational and/or individual tax accounting preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Identify internal controls to reduce risk.
- Adapt accounting processes and principles to a government and/or not-for-profit environment.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $31,197.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs did our recent graduates land?
Some of them include:
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
And they're working for organizations like:
- Broadwind Towers
- Northland Stainless
- Dowco, Inc.
- Piggly Wiggly Midwest