This is a very diverse career requiring strong interpersonal skills and good technical skills to be successful. LTC will give you an educational experience as varied as the career itself is.
Tanya Boettcher, Admissions Specialist
Associate Degree • 4 terms • 66 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Are you organized? Have good communication skills? Like working with people and enjoy working with software to create documents? Combine that with a positive attitude and a career as an administrative professional may be right for you!
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for an Administrative Professional career.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Administrative Professional program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Demonstrate good human relations, teamwork, and communication skills with coworkers, management, and the general public.
- Develop a professional attitude.
- Plan and conduct training sessions.
- Plan meeting events.
- Create word processing, spreadsheet, data base, presentation, and desktop publishing documents.
- Produce accurate work and maintain a high standard of quality.
- Increase speed and accuracy on the keyboard.
- Follow written and oral instructions and demonstrate organized office procedures.
- Demonstrate time and stress management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Apply organizational skills to the management of projects, daily schedules, work priorities, multiple tasks, and unexpected interruptions.
- Maintain files and financial records, observing absolute confidentiality.
- Integrate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and desktop publishing documents.
- Plan independently and proactively to accomplish goals.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $27,000.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Office Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Manager Assistant
- Life and Financial Customer Service
- Office Clerk
Potential Employers include:
- The American Club
- Aurora Baycare
- Great Lakes Cheese