The Auto Collision Repair and Refinishing program is a “real-world” experience. In addition to 8 hour days, live customer and estimator interaction is offered in a shop setting with hand-picked repair projects to challenge you.
Jenny Beltran, Admissions Specialist
Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician
Technical Diploma • 2 terms • 33 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Since the invention of the “horseless carriage”, America has had a love affair with the automobile. If you share that bond along with a keen eye for detail and love hands-on work, auto body work may be just the career for you. From frame repair to refinishing and restoration, let LTC fuel your interest in a flexible and comprehensive program!
Come to LTC and let us help you discover, cultivate and share your passion for Auto Collision Repair and Refinishing.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Auto Collision Repair & Refinish Technician program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Examine vehicles to determine type and extent of damage to be repaired, using 3D electronic measuring equipment.
- Replace damaged auto body parts.
- Repair tears in auto body steel and aluminum panels using GMAW welding equipment.
- Weld light gauge steel (can become I-CAR GMAW Steel Certified).
- Straighten and align unibody structural panels.
- Repair plastic vehicle parts using adhesives and airless welding equipment.
- Develop skills in the fundamentals of collision repair.
- Apply paint, including skills in applying color theory, tinting, and blending.
- Diagnose electrical circuits using a digital volt/ohm meter.
- Troubleshoot and repair automotive air conditioning systems (can become EPA and Wisconsin State certified (ATCP 136) for air conditioning).
We even offer community service projects through local fire departments!
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $23,398.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs did our recent graduates land?
Some of them include:
- Automotive Technician
- Body Technician
And they're working for organizations like:
- Sheboygan Chevrolet
- Calibre, Inc
- Dean's Auto Body