The LTC Day Care Center is a wonderful place to get your start in making a difference in a child's life. Our experienced staff will give the training you need to be employment ready in less than a year.
Child Care Services
Technical Diploma • 2 terms • 36 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
If you are patient, creative, dependable, and have good communication skills, stimulating the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth of young children may be the rewarding career you are looking for.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for child care services.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Child Care Services program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Apply and practice theories and concepts of child development from birth to 12 years.
- Comprehend professional terminology used in the early childhood field.
- Develop daily activities designed to foster the social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and creative growth of children.
- Develop an awareness of children with special needs and modify environments to meet specific individual needs.
- Gain awareness of proper nutrition, licensing rules and regulations, and health and safety standards essential to the education and welfare of young children.
- Become familiar with and be able to utilize community resources as they apply to children and/or their families.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $19,225.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Assistant Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Child Care Provider
Potential Employers include:
- Head Start
- Here We Grow
- Precious Memories Day Care