Coupled with a working court reporter who regularly visits students at all sites we broadcast to, the LTC Court (Judicial) Reporting Program provides quality instruction with great networking opportunities.
Court (Judicial) Reporting
Associate Degree • 4 terms • 65 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Does learning a foreign language or learning to play a musical instrument come easy to you? If so, and you are detail oriented with good vocabulary skills, you should explore a fulfilling career in court reporting.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for court reporting.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Court (Judicial) Reporting program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Develop proficiency in machine shorthand using realtime theory.
- Develop a personal dictionary, read, translate, and edit transcripts using CAT (computer-aided transcription) software.
- Produce salable transcripts on a realtime translation system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper reporting procedures and responsibilities for freelance and official reporting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal and medical concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the professional reporting organizations and methods of gaining certification as a Registered Professional Reporter.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $26,040.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
Potential Employers include:
- Shawano County Branch 1
- Brown and Jones Reporting
- Washington County Courthouse
- Q&A Court Reports
- Gramann Reporting, Ltd.