In just one year, LTC will take you from simple drill presses to the complex CNC milling machines. You will be employment ready with many options to begin your career.
Machine Tool Operation
Technical Diploma • 2 terms • 36 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Machine tool manufacturing has evolved into a high demand, multi-faceted career in clean, bright technology oriented environments that men and women of any background can find success. If you enjoy detailed, hands-on work and are a logical thinker with good math aptitude, a career in machine tool operation will be filled with opportunity.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your career passion for machine tool operation.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Marketing program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Develop and follow manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Set up and operate manual and computerized metal-cutting machine tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform part inspection using hand-held and computerized precision measuring instruments.
- Apply basic math, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry concepts to shop projects.
- Apply print reading skills to shop projects.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $36,000.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs did our recent graduates land?
Some of them include:
- CNC Operator
- Tool and Die Machinist
- CNC Machinist
- CNC Lathe Machinist
And they're working for organizations like:
- JL French
- Standard Machine
- Waukesha Bearings Cooperation