The Mechanical Design Technology Program gives you cross discipline exposure immediately so you can explore whether design, process, or even technical writing is your interest.
Mechanical Design Technology
Associate Degree • 4 terms • 69 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Mechanically inclined people with an attention to detail have a great opportunity to build and create through continuous improvement in the Mechanical Design Technology Program. An interest in math and science will be utilized as you apply scientific methods to problem solving.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for Mechanical Design Technology.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Mechanical Design Technology program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Assist engineers in the design process.
- Solve design problems correctly using established and accepted methods and equations.
- Prepare detail and assembly drawings for documentation of mechanical parts and machines using CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software using ASME Y14.5M-1994 Standard.
- Design mechanical parts according to customer specifications for manufacturability and/or cost.
- Analyze engineering problems related to strength and size requirements of machine components.
- Understand the principles of statistical process control, lean manufacturing, and Six Sigma as they relate to and are used in industry.
- Function effectively on both self-directed and team-oriented projects.
- Ability to grasp spatial relationships.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $45,433.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs did our recent graduates land?
Some of them include:
- Engineering Technician
- Tool Designer
- Product Development Engineering Tech
- Inventor Designer
And they're working for organizations like:
- Kohler Company
- Bemis Mfg