Medical Coding is an excellent option for those currently in a clerical role in the health care field. As health care rules increase scrutiny of medical tests, treatment and procedures, opportunities will be plentiful.
Medical Coding Specialist
Technical Diploma • 2 terms • 22 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
A medical coding specialist career requires people who are analytical, detail oriented and enjoy working with data. If you also have interest in the health care field, a career as a Medical Coding Specialist could be an excellent choice.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for a medical coding specialist career.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Medical Coding Specialist program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Assign diagnostic and procedure codes using the ICD coding system.
- Assign procedure codes using the HCPCS/CPT coding system.
- Adhere to security/privacy/confidentiality policies.
- Use computers to process information.
- Support data collection and reimbursement system.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Model professional behaviors, ethics, and appearance.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $29,473.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Front Desk Associate
- Pharmacy Technician
Potential Employers include:
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center Clinic
- Sheboygan Surgery Center
- Aurora Visiting Nurse Association