The Nursing Assistant program offers great flexibility. By taking one class, you can gauge your interest in the career, apply the credits to another program, or enter the workforce in a variety of health care settings
Technical Diploma • 1 terms • 3 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
If you are a good communicator with a strong desire to work with and help people, the Nursing Assistant Program may be the right choice for you. You can choose to go to work immediately or continue exploring a career in nursing.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for Nursing.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Nursing Assistant program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Communicate and interact with clients, families and coworkers.
- Maintain and protect client rights.
- Report and record observations.
- Demonstrate ethical and legal responsibilities of the NA/HHA.
- Perform the basic nursing skills required of the NA/HHA.
- Provide for personal care and hygiene.
- Assist with the client rehabilitation and restorative care, promoting independence.
- Assist clients with long-term disabling conditions including dementia.
- Distinguish color and color intensity.
- Read and converse in English.
- Work under stress of time and job demands.
- Maintain emotional control.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $24,108.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Resident Assistant
Potential Employers include:
- Meadow View Manor
- Morningside Health Care Center
- Aurora Sheboygan Clinic
- Holy Family Memorial Medical Center