In just one year, you will be prepared to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam and become an LPN. More importantly, you will have learned the clinical skills you need as our instructors prepare you for the challenges of the job.
Technical Diploma • 3 terms • 32 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
If you work well under pressure and have a strong desire to work with and help people, a career as a practical nurse may be the choice for you. People who are independent and enjoy math, science, communications, and problem solving, find practical nursing to be an excellent choice.
Come to LTC and let us help you cultivate and share your passion for practical nursing.
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Practical Nursing program. Whether you jump right into your career or build on your LTC credits to earn additional degrees, this program will prepare you to:
- Adhere to standards of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks of the licensed practical nurse.
- Use effective communication skills recognizing lifespan considerations.
- Provide safe caring interventions with diverse populations across the lifespan.
- Assist with health assessment of individuals, families, and groups across the lifespan.
- Participate in clinical decision-making within the LPN scope of practice.
- Use principles of teaching and learning processes to reinforce teaching plans recognizing lifespan considerations.
- Work cooperatively with others to provide holistic care.
- Under supervision, manage and direct care within and across health care setting according to established protocols.
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $40,667.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs can recent graduates expect?
Some of them include:
- Graduate Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- LPN/CMA AAMA
Potential Employers include:
- Advance Pain Management
- Rocky Knoll Health Care Center
- Aurora Sheboygan Clinic
- Froedtert Health System