LTC is the only college in the state with a degree program specific to wind energy. With onsite working turbines and a full-scale Energy Education Center, LTC enjoys a great relationship with world renowned partners like GE, Avanti, Kettleview Renewable Energy, Endurance and Next Era.
Wind Energy Technology
Associate Degree • 4 terms • 69 credits
Discover your career passion at LTC.
Attention, adventure seekers! Do you crave the thrill of activities like rock climbing, skydiving or zip lining? If so, and you have a strong mechanical, math or science background, you are the kind of maverick we're looking for in the Wind Energy program.
Wind energy, the fastest growing segment of renewable energy production, needs good communicators in a team setting. Apply today and let the excitement begin!
Your career potential is endless with the LTC Wind Energy program. Wind energy, the fastest growing segment of renewable energy production, needs good communicators in a team setting. You will learn to:
- Install, test, service and repair wind turbine components
- Troubleshoot and maintain control and PLC systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain SCADA systems
- Wear PPE for climbing and identify safety practices for climbing
- Practice safe wind turbine tower climbing skills
Your career payoff starts with your LTC degree and a potential annual starting salary of $35,034.
But, there's more. Employers hire our grads, promote them, and tell us they would recommend them to other employers. So what jobs did our recent graduates land?
Some of them include:
- Service Application Specialist
- Wind Turbine Technician
- Operational and Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Electrical Designer
And they're working for organizations like:
- General Electric
- Ingeteam, Inc
- Renew Energy Maintenance
- Kettle View Renewable Energy LLC
- Fuhrlaender – North America