- Individual Technical Studies (ITS)
- Associate Degree
- 4 Terms
- 61 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts August & February
- Terms 1 & 2 completes the Horticulture Technician Technical Diploma
Maximize your Alternative Agriculture Goals
There is a growing societal and market-based demand for sustainably grown, specialty and local small farm produced food, goods and services. Success in ownership or management in horticulture, market gardening, or small farming requires a knowledge of plants, soil, greenhouses, machines, accounting, marketing, and working with people. The Horticulture & Small Farm Management ITS provides a firm grounding in plant production, care, and science, which is complemented by both agricultural production and a farm business management education. Maximize your opportunities to create a successful life as a small, specialty or alternative agriculture farm operator through hands-on learning, applied theory, visiting successful operations, and guided experience.
Horticulture & Small Farm Management ITS
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts (high school & other colleges).
- NOTE: Official transcripts required for acceptance of transfer credits; Financial Aid may require.
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Program Counselor to:
- Ensure enrolled in or graduate of Horticulture Technician program
- Schedule a Program Advising Session to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study, and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
Because of the hands-on nature of this training, Term 1 and 2 courses follow a traditional schedule. However, Term 3 and 4 classes provide the flexibility for working adults to complete their associate degree. These courses are available online, with the exception of the internship classes.