- Individual Technical Studies (ITS)
- Associate Degree
- 4 Terms if attending full-time
- 61 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts August & February
- Terms 1 & 2 completes the Horticulture Technician Technical Diploma
- Terms 3 & 4 provide some flexible learning options
Gather the Right Tools to Design Your Landscapes
Landscape design is an excellent career choice for people who are creative and enjoy plants and outdoor environments. Design skills are also an excellent complement to work as a landscape contractor, landscape-industry business owner, in horticultural plant marketing and sales, and in sustainable landscape creation and restoration. The green industry is always in need of capable landscape designers. The Landscape Design ITS program is designed to give students a strong background both in the principles of landscape design and creative expressions in the landscape, as well as how to communicate design ideas visually. The material pallet of landscape design is thoroughly explored. This includes how plants grow and stay healthy and how plants are best used in the landscape for visual, practical and ecological effect. This also includes how material construction and properties of built elements in the landscape create beautiful spaces for practical use with water features, patios, decks, walkways, walls, topographic changes, fencing, structures, and formal and naturalized plantings.
Landscape Design ITS
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts (high school & other colleges).
- NOTE: Official transcripts required for acceptance of transfer credits; Financial Aid may require.
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Program Counselor to:
- Schedule a Program Advising Session to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study, and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
Because of the hands-on nature of this training, Term 1 and 2 courses follow a traditional schedule. However, Term 3 and 4 classes provide some flexibility for working adults to complete their associate degree, with five of these courses available online.