Empower your business to make rapid improvements in processes and quality.
|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
|Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt||Oct 2 & Oct 9, 2020
|8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||64096||$560||MCTR*|
*MCTR: Manitowoc County Training Room, Cleveland campus, in the Lakeshore Building. Use East Campus Drive entrance.
In order to remain competitive, your company needs to be able to effectively eliminate waste (Lean Manufacturing) and improve processes (Six Sigma). LTC’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt seminar was developed to meet this need.
Why Attend this Seminar?
Lean Six Sigma is globally recognized methodology that relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation. It combines Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to eliminate the eight wastes.
Who Should Attend?
- Organizations and individuals seeking an introduction to Lean Six Sigma tools and practices
- Employees in management and operations involved in cross functional continuous improvement teams
- Anyone interested in starting their Lean Six Sigma journey for employment change or promotion
Session 1: (8 hours) - Intro - Lean Six Sigma
- Fundamentals and principles
- Value to the organization
- Decision-making tools
- Understanding DMAIC
- LSS Stakeholders
- Creating a SIPOC
- Understanding the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- 5S Activities and Implementation
- Visual Controls and SOP
- Point-of-Use-Storage (POUS)
Session 2: (8 hours)
- 5 Why and Root Cause Analysis
- Value add vs. Non-value add
- LSS - 8 Wastes (DOWNTIME)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Data collection activities
- Basis statistics
- Common and Special Cause variation
- Control Charts - X-bar & R
- Capability, Histograms and Cpk
- Using Excel and Minitab for data
Terry Koenig has over fifteen years of experience in manufacturing and service organizations. He has experience working in Quality and Operations in many different capacities.
He has an Associate’s degree in Manufacturing Management and a Bachelors of Science in Business Management. He is a Certified Quality Technician, Certified ISO9001:2015 Lead Auditor, and a Six Sigma Black Belt. Terry is a full-time instructor at Lakeshore Technical College, teaching Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Management classes.