Gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience with NEW short-term training!
|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
|Robotics - Operator (8 hours)||April 20, 2021 (Tue)||7:30am - 4:00pm||26692||$275||N119*|
|Robotics - Intro to Programming (16 hours)||May 10 & 11, 2021 (Mon/Tue)||7:30am - 4:00pm||26697||$565||N119*|
*All classes in the Nierode Building, use West Campus Drive entrance.
Production operators who work with Fanuc robots, or foresee a future working with Fanuc robots, will benefit from this class. Topics include robot safety, investigation and evaluation of differences in jogging modes, program initiation from a teach pendant, and program fault recovery. Lab activities include:
- Evaluating modes of jogging a robot, and best practices for given situations
- Program initiation from a Fanuc teach pendant
- Manually operating an end effector to remove product from end effector
- Robot program recovery from a fault
Instructor: Jason Scholten, LTC Electro-Mechanical Instructor
Those who work closely with Fanuc robots will gain a better understanding of the program. Note: This is a prerequisite for Robotics – Programming 24 hours.
- Discussions focus on robot safety, tool frames, jog frames, user frames, saving & recovering Fanuc robot controller memory
- Lab experiences include creating tool frames using direct entry, 3 & 6 point methods, creating user and jog frames, & starting a program
- How to save & recover programs you’ve created
Instructor: Jim Gruenke, LTC Electro-Mechanical Program Coordinator/Instructor