|Job Title:||Health Programs Academic Specialist - Medical Assistant (Part-Time; Limited Term Employment)|
|Location:||Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin|
|Full/Part Time:||Part Time|
|Employment/Salary Classification:||Management Non-Exempt - $28.13 per hour|
|Recommend this opportunity|
Purpose: The Grant Funded Academic Specialist provides unique services to the Medical Assistant program students to increase program success.
• Provide individualized academic support for borderline students which includes development of learning communities (study group facilitation and skills practice group facilitation), referral to LTC Student Services staff, mandatory meetings with students who fail first exams of the semester or multiple exams within a semester, walk-in hours for academic support, episodic tutoring, other duties to be defined.
• Intrusive advising and supplemental instruction in the medical assistant program courses as needed.
• Create test prep workshops to reinforce textbook information.
• Provide additional team teaching on health specific information.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
|Beginning||June 27, 2019|
|Closing||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.|