|Job Title:||ABE/ASE/ELL Instructional Assistant, Evenings (Part-Time)|
|Location:||LTC Manitowoc - 600 York Street, Manitowoc, WI|
|Full/Part Time:||Part Time|
|Employment/Salary Classification:||Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $16.66 per hour|
|Recommend this opportunity|
Provide instructional assistance to students in the Skills Lab. Maintain, monitor, and oversee the Skills Lab and computer lab stations. Assist with clerical duties involved in the learning process. Provide program support.
• Provide instructional assistance through individual tutoring in basic subject areas including review and remediation courses.
• Orientate students to facility and distribute appropriate instructional lab materials.
• Assist students in accessing computer programs. Maintain computer software and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Distribute and monitor alternative delivery tests and forward completed tests to appropriate instructor.
• Maintain communication between students and LTC staff.
• Provide information to prospective and returning students related to program requirements, lab schedule, and class offerings.
• Administer and explain paperwork to returning students and assist them with the completion.
• Recruit and schedule students for appropriate classes, Accuplacer exams, GED/HSED tests, return appointments, Orientation sessions, and appointments with on-site general advisor.
• Maintain return appointment and Accuplacer calendars.
• Troubleshoot technical problems related to video conference courses.
• Provide information to potential students to initiate participation in Orientation; refer students to appropriate student services staff and/or support agencies; participate in retention and recruitment activities.
• Enter and maintain daily attendance. Enter enrollment and grades on the computer.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Follow Testing Services procedures prior to GED/HSED testing.
• Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and lists.
• Participate as a member of the team by attending meetings, training activities, and professional development activities.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
For more details about this position, please click on the "Download or Print Detailed Employment Opportunity" button above.
|Beginning||August 16, 2019|
|Closing||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than August 30, 2019|