What is apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeship, to put it simply, is an opportunity to earn while you learn. If you want a career in a skilled trade, apprenticeship is the best way to get there. You'll combine on–the–job training with on–campus learning so you'll have the best of both worlds when it comes to learning the skills you need to get ahead. And you earn a paycheck while you learn those skills.
- Find out more on the Apprenticeship web site or view frequently asked questions.
For future apprentices - How do I become an apprentice? How do I apply?
- Application procedures vary from trade to trade, geographically, and in the construction, industrial, and service sectors.
- For construction trades, applications are taken by the local committees and typically include an aptitude test, interview with the committee, high school transcript or equivalent and proof of age. Click on the trade you're interested in below.
- For industrial and service sector trades, you apply directly to the employer or company that you want to work for that sponsors the apprenticeship program for the trade you're interested in. The employer determines the criteria to place applicants into the program. Click on the trade you're interested in below.
For employers - How do I hire an apprentice? Who do I contact?
- The Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards' local Apprenticeship Training Representative, or ATR, will assist you in securing the information that you desire. The list of the representatives is available in the "Who Do I Contact?" section on the Apprenticeship web page. To find out more specifics concerning the apprenticeship for each trade, click on the trade name below. For a construction employer application, click here. For an industrial employer application, click here.
Apprenticeship Programs at LTC - Construction
Apprenticeship Programs at LTC - Industrial
Apprenticeship Programs at LTC - Service
July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017 School Year
July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018 School Year
For more information about applying for an apprenticeship and approximate costs, please contact the LTC Apprenticeship Office at 920.693.1279.