- Associate Degree
- 4 Terms
- 66 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts August / January
Be an everyday hero
A Firefighter Paramedic (Fire Medic) protects life and property through fire suppression, rescue, prevention, and Emergency Medical Treatment capabilities. Graduates are highly trained in the modern firefighting techniques and Paramedic skills necessary to make them successful in the dynamic emergency services environment.
*Lakeshore Technical College’s Fire Medic program prepares students to obtain the required licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examination, or licensure for other states.
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Career Coach to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts (high school & other colleges).
- NOTE: Official transcripts required for acceptance of transfer credits; Financial Aid may require.
- Complete Background Information Disclosure form and $20 non-refundable processing fee.
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Academic Advisor to:
- Placement Assessment Scores (Accuplacer or ACT)
- Technical Standards for Fire Medic
- Health/TB Tetanus Form
- Discuss EMT license requirements
- Complete the DMI (District Mutual Insurance) Form 1 and Form 2
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
Due to the rigorous and highly supervised nature of this hands-on training, Fire Medic courses are offered during the day, Monday through Friday. Daytime availability is necessary to completing your LTC Fire Medic program.
Potential Job Titles
(Click a title to explore salary & job data)
Salary data is derived from surveys collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and mapped to LTC programs using economic modeling software. As with any survey data, the wages presented here are prone to error and sampling bias. Educational decisions should not be entirely based on the data presented here. The wage data presented here is the median annual salary in the LTC District as reported by EMSI (Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.) Some people beginning work at jobs in these fields may find a higher or lower starting wage that what is reported here.