Confined Space: Entrant/Attendant/Supervisor
|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
|Confined Space: Entrant/Attendant/Supervisor||Aug. 11, 2021 (W)||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||40775||$289||P109/P106|
|Confined Space: Entrant/Attendant/Supervisor||Nov. 9, 2021 (T)||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m||64271||$289||P109/P106|
Fees are higher for out-of-state students.
Location: Lakeshore Technical College Cleveland Campus (I-43), in the Public Safety Training Center. Take the East Campus Drive entrance.
This 8-hour class prepares the participant to assume the role of attendant, entrant, or supervisor for a permit required confined space (PRCS) entry according to CFR 1910.146. It involves active, hands-on applications.
- Identification of different types of confined spaces
- Overview of OSHA's CS standard
- Roles and responsibilities of the supervisor, attendant, and entrant
- Identification of hazards associated with entry into permit required confined spaces
- Application of hazard controls such as air monitoring, ventilation, and lockout/tagout
- Filling out an entry permit
- Selection of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Non-entry rescue
- Scenarios applying principles to simulated confined space entries
Each class provides 8 continuing education hours approved by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services for those holding credentials as:
- Commercial Plumbing Inspector
- Journeyman Plumber
- Journeyman Plumber - Restricted Appliance
- Journeyman Plumber - Restricted Service
- Master Plumber
- Master Plumber - Restricted Appliance
- Master Plumber - Restricted Service