|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
*A224: Room A224 is in the Agriculture and Energy Building. Use West Campus Drive entrance.
Defensive Driving delivers the most relevant, leading-edge content to motivate and educate your employees to be safe, responsible drivers. This class will benefit drivers regardless of age or driving ability. This class offers a cost effective solution to help: Keep you employees safe on the road, both on and off the job. Decrease risk or vehicle collisions and traffic violations, minimize exposure to liability risks and costs. This training will also lower fleet insurance premiums, workers’ compensation and accident claims, while shrinking the vehicle repair bills and replacement costs.
Topic to be covered include:
- Traffic crash statistics, including times when most crashes occur and age groups with the highest accident rates.
- The dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI or DWI).
- The risks of driving while fatigued, stressed, or angry.
- Your respective state's traffic laws.
- The dynamics of a crash. This pertains to how speed, place of impact and size of vehicle affects the severity of the collision.
- An extensive look at safety equipment, addressing the importance of seat belts, head rests, air bags, and child safety seats.
- Crash prevention techniques. This touches on a long list of driving tactics including proper following distances, scanning roadways, sharing the road with other vehicles, proper passing procedures, speed adjustments in different weather conditions, and knowing your vehicle's braking distance.
Your personal vehicle will be used for the hands-on track time portion of the class.
Presenter: Bruce Jacobs
Bruce Jacobs holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration of Justice and has specific training and certifications in many fields including: Behavioral and Statement Analysis, Micro Expressions, CPTED, Security Surveys, Workplace Violence, and Scams.
Bruce holds a national certification from the National Safety Council in defensive driving. He is a 30 year retired police Sergeant and is certified in emergency vehicle operations. Bruce started and owned a driving school for nine years and is a certified driver’s education instructor.
Over the past 30 years, he has given training presentations on these topics to help educate others to be aware of their surroundings and not to become a victim. These real-life topics will not only help keep you safe but to know what others are thinking as well.
ONLINE with company bill information or download a registration form.
To register by phone with a credit card, call 1.888.GO TO LTC (1.888.468.6582) Ext. 1366
For questions or detailed information, call Workforce Solutions at 920.693.1675, or e-mail email@example.com.