|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Location|
|Lockout/Tagout Train-the-Trainer||May 5, 2020 (T)||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||22330||$335||P105*|
|Lockout/Tagout Train-the-Trainer||Oct 8, 2020 (Th)||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||64137||$335||A224**|
|Lockout/Tagout Train-the-Trainer||May 7, 2021 (F)||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||22237||$335||A224**|
Fees are higher for out-of-state students.
*P105: LTC Cleveland Campus, in the Public Safety Training Center. Use East Campus Drive entrance.
**A224: LTC Cleveland Campus, in the Agriculture and Energy Building. Use West Campus Drive entrance.
A Program Facilitators Guide COURSE OVERVIEW. This comprehensive program is geared toward anyone with responsibilities related to developing, implementing, training and enforcing the Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) standard within the workplace. Students will explore OSHA's Control of Hazardous Energy standard (29 CFR 1910.147, Subpart J) through various means and teaching methods. Course objectives: upon successful course completion student will be able to:
- Identify purpose and application of the Control of Hazardous Energy standard
- Define program designations and responsibilities
- Identify main failures that lead to lockout/tagout related injuries
- Identify key components of and develop a company facility specific lockout/tagout program
- Develop machine specific lockout tagout procedures
- Identify required training elements and retraining guidelines under the control of hazardous energy standard
- Implement a periodic inspection program
- Understand and address many of the most frequently asked questions related to lockout/tagout
- Identify teaching strategies to enhance the effectiveness and retention related to training adults.