|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
*Room L243 is in the Lakeshore Building. Use East Campus Drive entrance.
Designed for healthcare professionals who administer vaccines or medications, this two-part seminar provides the opportunity to boost your confidence in providing these services. The first morning involves a review of terms, supplies needed to deliver vaccines and medications, and administration for vaccinations. During the second morning, you will apply your knowledge during a two-hour skills check-off session, providing an opportunity for those who attend the first part to demonstrate applied skills and earn a continuing education certificate. Upon completion of this seminar, you will successfully be able to:
- Demonstrate procedures for vaccine administration (IM, SQ, and IN)
- Define procedures for receiving, storing, and handling vaccines
- Summarize common vaccinations & vaccination schedules
- Describe procedures for immunization-related documentation
- Learn how to manage vaccine-related adverse reactions & emergency situations
All sessions are taught by Kellea Ewen.