Waste Site Worker – 40-hour
This seminar is not on our current schedule. If you are interested in this topic, please contact us at 920.693.1167 or email@example.com.
|Seminar Title||Date||Time||Class #||Fee||Room|
|Waste Site Worker - 40 Hour||Dec. 6-10, 2021 (M-F)||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||64321||$875||Virtual (M-W)
Fees are higher for out-of-state students.
Class takes place at the Cleveland Campus in the Public Safety Training Center; use East Campus Drive entrance.
This seminar presents the procedures and information necessary for working safely at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites as required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 [e]. Emphasis is placed on practical, hands-on experiences as well as realistic simulations utilizing our extensive indoor and outdoor training facilities.
In this seminar you will:
- Discuss axioms of chemistry and toxicology.
- Discuss site control and safety, decontamination, and
- Identify physical health and safety hazards.
- Monitor atmospheric hazards using quality instrument
- Participate in safe work practice exercises such as drum
handling, confined space entry, environmental sampling, and use of engineering controls.
- Select and utilize effective respiratory protection and
chemical protective clothing.
*Medical Clearance Forms are required.
Note: Casual clothing is suggested for the 40–hour seminar.