Motorcycle Training Course
We have motorcycle training courses and expert advice to give you confidence on the open road
Whether you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before or want to improve your skills on your bike, LTC has the class for you.
Classes available on weekends, Spring through Fall.
FACILITIES LTC has the most innovative driving skills course for safe rider training. The course contains layouts for multiple motorcycle rider courses with wide roadways, turns, and limited fixed obstacles creating a safe buffer distance. Additionally, the majority of the classroom components are hosted in the Public Safety Training Center which offers a comfortable environment to gain those key concepts for safety before embarking on the driving skills course.
INSTRUCTORS LTC’s Rider Coaches are the best around! They are credentialed through both the Wisconsin Motorcycle Safety Program, and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Not only are they experienced riders and role models for safe riding practices, but they have completed rigorous training and continued education allowing them to continue teaching and evaluating learner performance.
Choose the course that interests you to see a schedule of classes:
Motorcycle provided by LTC
The best place for a new rider to start once they’ve made the decision to ride. Successful completion of this course and its knowledge and skill tests, which consists of approximately five hours of classroom and 10 hours of on-cycle instruction (conducted over two or three sessions), will serve as a license skills test waiver program in Wisconsin. Motorcycles are provided for your use during the course. Also, a course completion card may provide a rider an insurance discount.
Spring Fee: $261.35
|26946||Saturday||4/10/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||4/11/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p. m.|
|26947||Saturday||4/17/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||4/18/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|26948||Saturday||4/24/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||4/25/21||7:30 a.am - 5:00 p.m.|
|26949||Saturday||5/1/21||7:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/2/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|26950||Saturday||5/8/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/9/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|26951||Saturday||5/22/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/23/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Summer Fee: $260.22
|40827||Saturday||6/5/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/6/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p. m.|
|40828||Saturday||6/12/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/13/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40829||Saturday||6/26/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/27/21||7:30 a.am - 5:00 p.m.|
|40830||Saturday||7/10/21||7:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||7/11/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40831||Saturday||7/31/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8/1/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64210||Saturday||8/21/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8/22/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64211||Saturday||9/11/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||9/12/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64212||Saturday||9/25/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||9/26/21||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Register using ONE of the following options (see schedule below for class dates and numbers):
- Call 693.1366 or 1.888.468.6582, extension 1366 to register by phone. Be prepared with all the information requested in the registration form and a MasterCard/Visa/debit card.
- Register in person at:
Lakeshore Technical College
1290 North Avenue
Cleveland, WI 53015
LTC reserves the right to cancel classes in the event of insufficient enrollments. If a class cancel, you will be notified prior to the starting date. For refund procedures, call 920.693.1888.
What you will need for all courses:
- Sturdy over-the-ankle boots
- Full length non-flare denim pants (without holes or tears) or equivalent, or more durable material
- Long sleeved jacket or heavy shirt
- Rain gear in inclement weather
- Eye protection
- Full fingered gloves, preferably leather, that cover the entire hand
- Three quarter or full face helmet. Must be DOT approved. Half helmets are not approved
- All skills test waiverable courses (BRC & BRC2) require completion of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic eCourse no more than thirty days prior to the scheduled class start date (fee applicable). This eCourse can be accessed at: https://www.msf-usa.org/eCourse.aspx Students should then bring a printed copy of the completion certificate to their first class session.
- Basic Rider Courses are designed for any Wisconsin resident 15 ½ years of age or older, you must bring a valid form of photo identification to the first class
- Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian prior to participating in the range portion of the class.
- Upon class completion, you will still need to be 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instructional permit, or class M license in Wisconsin
If any of the following situations exist a skills test waiver must be obtained at the time of registration:
- You are under the age of 18
- You have failed the test two times
- You have applied for and used three six-month permits and never made an appointment and passed the skills test
To obtain the blue copy of the proof of course enrollment, contact Faye Aschenbach at 1.888.468.6582, extension 1613, or 920.693.1613.
Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) is an approved training site by the Wisconsin Motorcycle Safety Program and delivers courses through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.