Career & Employment Services
Available to LTC Students & Graduates
Career & Employment Services prepares students for, and can assist graduates with, the job search process. We can connect you with resources, development opportunities, and employers. We will meet with you to learn about your career goals, provide the latest tips on standing out during today's hiring processes, and create avenues for you to apply for opportunities where your newly acquired skills and knowledge will be valued.
Employers, learn more about ways to connect with students and graduates.
Students/graduates, follow these five steps to reach your career goals.
Schedule an Appointment via Navigate - Job Search & Resume Review
Submit INSPIRE Request - Job Shadows & Info/Mock Interviews
If you need any assistance, please contact Career & Employment Services at email@example.com or 920.693.1706.
- Our Career Exploration tool and O*Net Interests Profiler can help assess your career interests.
- Meet with Admissions Advisors to explore the programs and career pathways at Lakeshore Technical College.
With so many careers to choose from, spend time learning about companies and job openings of interest. Schedule a company tour or an informational interview with people currently working in the field.
- Use Inspire Wisconsin to request a job shadow, mock interview, and more, with local employers.
- O*Net can help you gather information on career paths, hiring outlooks, and local compensation estimates.
College is a great time to try new things and grow your professional and workplace skills. Get involved to enhance your experience and your resume.
- Join a Student Organization.
- Attend Student Workshops.
- Develop new skills and build experience through volunteer work with Service Learning.
- Take advantage of free casual and interview clothing in the StudentSHARE Closet.
With increased knowledge and training under your belt, it’s time to put it down on paper and practice sharing your strengths and experiences. Get feedback on your resume, cover letter, and interview skills.
- Quick Bytes contains tutorials and guides for cover letters, resumes, interviewing, and the job search.
- Schedule a Career & Employment Services Appointment for one-on-one assistance.
- Use InterviewStream to ace your interview and view these InterviewStream Tutorials.
You are now ready to showcase your new skills and confidence and take your next step in reaching your career goals. Dedicate time to search for and apply to internship and job opportunities.
- Handshake is Lakeshore Technical College’s online job board where you can build your profile, view jobs and internships, connect with employers, and see upcoming events.