Requesting College Transcripts

Requesting Official College Transcripts

LTC has retained Credentials Inc. to accept official college transcript orders over the Internet via a secured site. Official LTC transcripts are printed on security paper, which includes tests for authenticity.

Official transcripts are issued in a sealed envelope with the words “This transcript is considered official as long as the seal is not broken” written below the return address. Lakeshore Technical College is stamped across the envelope flap, mailed in an individually sealed college envelope. The official transcript should remain in the unopened, sealed envelope until it is presented to the employer, institution or scholarship provider. Official transcripts bear the electronic signature of the registrar and do not require a raised seal.

To request an official transcript, payment must be made by credit or debit card and you must have an e-mail address. If you don’t have a major credit/debit card, you may use a prepaid debit card. Your order will be processed upon request unless you have requested that it be held for degree or grade posting. Financial obligations to the college must be cleared before a transcript will be issued.

  • Access to request official transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Automatic e-mail and text messaging communication
  • Online order status checking
  • Automatic e-mail or text messaging when order is completed
  • Supports payment by credit/debit card
  • A pull down with the addresses of many colleges and universities

You may be required to provide LTC/Credentials Inc. with a signed form authorizing release of your academic transcript before LTC can process your transcript order. Some orders may qualify for "Automatic Authorization" without your signature. To qualify for "Automatic Authorization," your order must meet the following criteria:

  • Attended LTC from summer 2002 to the present
  • The billing name on the credit card you use to pay for this order matches both your name on this order and your name in LTC’s records
  • Three of the following - Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Student ID Number - must match the values in LTC’s records
  • There are no attachments that need to be included with your transcript

Credentials will notify you when your order has been successfully authorized. If your order cannot be automatically authorized, Credentials will e-mail you an Authorization Form that must be signed and returned to Credentials by either faxing, mailing, or scanning and uploading before your order can be completed. (This process may take an additional 2-3 days to complete your request.)

Regular service orders are processed in 1-2 business days, not including mailing time, holidays, weekends, or manual authorization.

There is a $10.00 fee per transcript for this service. Please read the order form carefully and fill out all required fields. To authorize someone else to pick up your transcript, you must provide their name in your request. Photo identification is required at the time pick up is made.

If you have questions about placing an order or checking the status of a previously placed order, please contact Credentials Inc. to speak with a customer service representative at (847) 716-3005 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. (CST) on Fridays.



You may contact Student Records by email at or by phone at 1.888.468.6582, Extension 1888 for additional options.

Requesting Unofficial College Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts have the same information as an official transcript, but not include the signature of the Registrar. Financial obligations to the college must be cleared before an unofficial transcript will be available.

In order to obtain your unofficial transcript you can go to the LTC website ( Click on Current Students at the top of the page, and then click on MyLTC. Enter student ID and password. (If you do not know your student ID and password click on Need to Create a Password? Or Forgot your password or want to change it? Complete the information. An email will be sent to you with your 8-digit user ID number.) Follow the steps below:

  • Log into My LTC.
  • Click on Sign In tile.
  • Log in using your Student ID and password.
  • Click on the Student Center tile.
  • Select Transript: View Unofficial from the dropdown.
  • Click the circle with two arrows.
  • Select Lakeshore Technical College for the institution.
  • Select Unofficial Transcript for Report Type.
  • Click the View Report button.
  • To print, click on File, Print, OK.

If you have questions, you may contact Student Records by email at or by phone at 1.888.468.6582, Extension 1888.

GED/HSED Transcripts, Credentials and Verification

GED/HSED credentials are issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. They are the bearer of the record. Please contact them to order transcripts and credentials or to verify a credential.

  • Click on the following link:
  • Contact the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction at 1.800.768.8886.