We are pleased to advise you that this new, campus communication system is now active and stands ready to reach you with important college safety or emergency messages.
How the LTC Alert System works:
The LTC Alert System is a mass-communication network which can reach staff and students through email, phone, cell phone and text messages. When the system is activated you will receive a voice and/or text message at your "preferred" phone number. To check the "preferred" phone number the college has on file for you:
- Go to the Student Center at My LTC.
- Scroll down to the Personal Information section.
- Click on your home phone number to view all phone contact information.
- To select a different "preferred" phone number, put a check in the appropriate phone number's box.
- Click "Save" to complete the process.
How the LTC Alert System will be used:
The LTC Alert System will be used for time-sensitive, safety and emergency information only. Except for periodic tests of the system, it will only be used in emergency or urgent situations. Examples include campus closures due to weather-related or other threats, extended power outages, other natural disasters, potentially violent situations, or any other situation that may affect the safety of staff and students on campus.
LTC's primary concern is for the safety and well-being of staff and students; the ability to communicate immediately serves an important role in meeting this goal.