- Technical Diploma
- 2 Terms
- 33 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts Fall, Spring, Summer
Make a difference in a child's life
Children are our future. Nurturing and caring for them takes place in homes, in schools, and in various child care facilities. Parents and guardians put their trust in qualified child care providers to ensure the safety, well-being, and development of their children—our future. If you love being with young children and want to be a part of their positive growth and development, a career in early childhood education may be a rewarding choice for you.
Other Program Information
- Relate knowledge of child development to practice
- Create relationships with children, family and the community
- Apply observation, documentation, and assessment strategies
- Implement developmentally appropriate teaching and learning activities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Follow health, safety and nutrition practices
Child Care Services
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Complete Background Information Disclosure form and $20 processing fee
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
*Submit transcripts and test scores (optional, highly recommended): College transcripts, along with high school transcripts and test scores from within the last five years, used for course registration. Official transcripts needed for transferring college credit(s) and for financial aid purposes.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Program Counselor to:
- Technical Standards for Child Care Services
- Infant/Child CPR/AED Certification
- Health/TB/Immunization Form
- Schedule a Program Counseling Session to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study, and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire. This will also include paperwork to complete fingerprint-based background check request form a semester prior to enrolling in Introductory Practicum.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
Child Care Services classes are offered in a blended format, combining classroom and online courses, to help you fit college into your busy life by allowing you to take classes when and where it's convenient for you.
Child Care Services
Potential Job Titles
(Click a title to explore salary & job data)
Salary data is derived from surveys collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and mapped to LTC programs using economic modeling software. As with any survey data, the wages presented here are prone to error and sampling bias. Educational decisions should not be entirely based on the data presented here. The wage data presented here is the median annual salary in the LTC District as reported by EMSI (Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.) Some people beginning work at jobs in these fields may find a higher or lower starting wage that what is reported here.