- Associate Degree
- 4 Terms
- 60 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts Fall
Make a difference
Children are our future. Nurturing and caring for them takes place in homes, in schools, and in various child care facilities. Parents and guardians put their trust in qualified early childhood educators to ensure the safety, well-being, and healthy development of their children—our future. If you love being with young children and want to be a part of their positive growth and development, a career in early childhood education may be a rewarding choice for you.
Other Program Information
- Apply child development theory to practice
- Cultivate relationships with children, family and the community
- Assess child growth and development
- Use best practices in teaching and learning
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Integrate health, safety and nutrition practices
Early Childhood Education
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Career Coach to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts (high school & other colleges).
- NOTE: Official transcripts required for acceptance of transfer credits; Financial Aid may require.
- Complete Background Information Disclosure form and $20 processing fee
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Academic Advisor to:
- Technical Standards for Early Childhood Education
- Health/TB/Immunization Form
- Infant/Child CPR/AED Certification
- Schedule a Program Advising Session to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study, and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire. This will also include paperwork to complete fingerprint-based background check request form a semester prior to enrolling in Introductory Practicum.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
Many program courses are offered online, in an accelerated format or in a blended delivery which means instructors combine online learning with classroom work to limit your time on campus.
Early Childhood Education
Potential Job Titles
(Click a title to explore salary & job data)
Salary data is derived from surveys collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and mapped to LTC programs using economic modeling software. As with any survey data, the wages presented here are prone to error and sampling bias. Educational decisions should not be entirely based on the data presented here. The wage data presented here is the median annual salary in the LTC District as reported by EMSI (Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.) Some people beginning work at jobs in these fields may find a higher or lower starting wage that what is reported here.