- Associate Degree
- 4 Terms
- 61 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts Fall / Spring
Health Information Management professionals play a critical role in maintaining, collecting and analyzing the data that physicians, nurses and other health care providers rely on to deliver quality health care. With LTC’s Health Information Management program, you can become an expert in patient health data management and work in a variety of health care settings including hospitals, outpatient clinics, and long-term care, insurance and government agencies.
The Health Information Management accreditor of Lakeshore Technical College is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College’s accreditation for Associate degree in Health Information Management has been reaffirmed through 2029-2030. All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at (312) 235-3255; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 Program Outcomes:
- Graduation Rate: 45% of students graduated within 3 years of beginning the program.*
*Part time students are included in this calculation.
- Employment Rate: 83% of the May 2020 Graduates were employed in the HIM field within 6 months of graduation.
- Student Satisfaction Rate: 90% of the May 2020 Graduates marked Very Satisfied/Satisfied with the Health Information Management Program at Lakeshore Technical College.
Health Information Management
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Complete Background Information Disclosure form and $20 non-refundable processing fee.
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
*Submit transcripts and test scores (optional, highly recommended): College transcripts, along with high school transcripts and test scores from within the last five years, used for course registration. Official transcripts needed for transferring college credit(s) and for financial aid purposes.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Program Counselor to:
- Technical Standards for Health Information Management
- Health/TB Tetanus Form
- Schedule a Program Counseling Session to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study, and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
The Health Information Management Associate Degree program will be offered via dual delivery (meaning students can attend class in-person when needed). Dual delivery gives you the option of taking classes online and viewing classes on your computer when it’s convenient for you, if you can’t make it for class.
Health Information Management
Potential Job Titles
(Click a title to explore salary & job data)
Salary data is derived from surveys collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and mapped to LTC programs using economic modeling software. As with any survey data, the wages presented here are prone to error and sampling bias. Educational decisions should not be entirely based on the data presented here. The wage data presented here is the median annual salary in the LTC District as reported by EMSI (Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.) Some people beginning work at jobs in these fields may find a higher or lower starting wage that what is reported here.