Career Development and Educational Support Services
A Dislocated Worker is an individual who (A) has been terminated or laid off, or who has received a notice of termination or layoff, from employment, (B) has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or lay off, from employment as a result of any permanent closure of, or any substantial layoff at, a plant, facility, or enterprise; (C) was self-employed (including employment as a farmer, a rancher, or a fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community in which the individual resides or because of natural disasters; or (D) is a displaced homemaker.
Have you recently lost your job and are wondering where to turn?
Thinking about training for a new career at Lakeshore Technical College?
Primary Services include:
- Admissions Assistance
- Individual assistance for finding personal and academic resources
- Financial Aid information
- Funding options and referrals
- Support, a listening ear, and advocate
- Networking with other students
- Program shadowing/career development
- Employment readiness services
Benefits for Dislocated Workers
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Trade Readjustment Act (TRA)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
- Federal Financial Aid
For more information contact an LTC Career Coach at 920.693.1162 or CareerCoach@gotoltc.edu.