Veteran “Getting Started” Checklist

Documents you will need:

  • DD214
  • Joint Services Transcript (
  • Transcripts from any other college attended (AKO, Community College of the Air Force, etc.)
  • Copies of any CLEP testing results
  • Relevant training certificates if attempting to pursue credit for prior learning

Get Started!

  1. Contact your county veteran services officer (CVSO)

The CVSO will assist in:

  • Applying for federal benefits via the VonApp
  • Applying for WI veteran benefits
  1. Choose a program of study and submit your application to LTC
  • Admission Advisors can assist with this process.
  • Call (920) 693-1366 to schedule an appointment.
  1. Submit transcripts (military, college, high school)
  1. Meet with school certifying official (SCO) to discuss benefits -
  • Credit loads needed to receive benefits
  • BAH requirements
  • Federal and state standards of academic progress
  • Federal financial aid
  • Supplemental payments
  • Call (920) 693-1859 to schedule an appointment
  1. Apply for financial aid (FAFSA):
  1. Meet with your Program Counselor
  • Discuss program and classes
  • Develop your class schedule
  • Discuss disability/accessibility services provided by
  • Other academic support services (tutoring, library etc.)
  • Call (920) 693-1366 to schedule an appointment
  1. Register for classes
  1. Attend new student orientation

Important Phone Numbers