TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO HELPS DREAMS COME TRUE
“Being in the TRIO program as a first generation student helped me grow more than I could have ever imagined. With the help of study groups and conferences, I was able to maintain a grade point average that allowed me to graduate with honors. TRIO also guided me to transition to the next phase in my life of obtaining my bachelor’s degree through Lakeland University. Without TRIO, I am not sure I would have been able to maintain school/life balance and be successful. TRIO has helped me fulfill my dreams of getting a college degree!”
College challenges all students to grow. Some face additional challenges and can benefit from added support.
If you are a first generation, lower income, or disabled student, we encourage you to participate in TRIO Student Support Services, a federally-funded program created to help you in a variety of ways. Key services include:
- Personal Education Planning
- Tutoring Services
- Supplemental Instruction
- Academic Advising & Career Services
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Transfer Advising Services
- Financial Literacy
- Leadership Development
Goals of the TRIO/Student Support Services Program:
- Improve student graduation by supplementing financial assistance for low income participants with unmet financial aid needs
- Improve GPA and academic success by providing academic support services, advising, and counseling
- Provide support for participants who are actively using TRIO/Student Support Services resources to facilitate their academic success
- Increase the percentage of students who obtain an associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year college.
NEW! Do you need assistance paying for child care? LTC grant funds may be able to help. Learn more.
For more information
> See Common Questions about TRIO
Rivi Hatt – Director
Stacy Backus – TRIO Advisor
TRIO/Student Support Services is funded by a U.S. Department of Education grant.