Financial Aid Eligibility
As affordable as Lakeshore Technical College is, you may still need financial assistance to help you achieve your educational goals. We encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is sometimes used to determine eligibility for other types of aid.
- Consortium Agreements - Students who are accepted in a financial aid eligible program at LTC and are considering taking one or more courses at another school that apply towards their degree at LTC may request a consortium agreement between the colleges.
- Drug Convictions - Drug convictions may impact your eligibility. Students convicted of drug offenses committed while receiving federal financial aid may be ineligible for federal financial aid for one (1) or more years from the date of conviction.
- Enrollment Status - Enrollment status is based on the number of financial aid eligible credits in which you are enrolled. Some courses are not eligible for financial aid and cannot be included in the enrollment status.
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress - Students must make satisfactory academic progress for each term of enrollment in order to remain eligible for financial aid the following term.
- Reapply for Financial Aid – To continue to receive financial aid, you need to continue all eligibility requirements as well as complete a FAFSA for the new school year.
- General Eligibility- There are other general eligibility requirements that must be met such as citizenship, high school degree completion, and selective service registration compliance.