Child Care Services
Make a difference in a child's life
Children are our future. Nurturing and caring for them takes place in homes, in schools, and in various child care facilities. Parents and guardians put their trust in qualified child care providers to ensure the safety, well-being, and development of their children—our future. If you love being with young children and want to be a part of their positive growth and development, a career in early childhood education may be a rewarding choice for you.
Other Program Information
- Relate knowledge of child development to practice
- Create relationships with children, family and the community
- Apply observation, documentation, and assessment strategies
- Implement developmentally appropriate teaching and learning activities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Follow health, safety and nutrition practices
- Technical Diploma
- 2 Terms
- 33 Credits
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts Fall, Spring, Summer
Child Care Services
Median Income: $22,437.00*
POTENTIAL JOB TITLES
(Click a title for job description)
Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and childcare institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
*Lightcast/EMSI data is a hybrid dataset derived from official government sources such as the US Census Bureau, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and Bureau of Labor Statistics. This salary data is from LTC District, unless noted otherwise (i.e. Wind programs use State of WI.)
ADMISSION AND FIRST SEMESTER ENROLLMENT STEPS
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Complete the Background Information Disclosure form.
- Complete the Student Success Questionnaire.
- Complete Technical Standards form.
- Schedule your First Time Program Counseling/Registration Session with your assigned program counselor to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire.
*Submit transcripts and test scores (optional, highly recommended): College transcripts, along with high school transcripts and test scores from within the last five years, used for course registration. Official transcripts needed for transferring college credit(s) and for financial aid purposes.
FUTURE SEMESTER ENROLLMENT STEPS
Work with your Program Counselor to:
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
- Submit your questions online
- Contact an Admissions Advisor at 920.693.1162
Child Care Services classes are offered in a blended format, combining classroom and online courses, to help you fit college into your busy life by allowing you to take classes when and where it's convenient for you.
I love working with children, but found my true passion preparing our communities’ future teachers. I love sharing my knowledge and mentoring adult students to help build a stronger child care system. Our hands-on learning approach works well for me because I believe that's how children AND adults learn best!Learn More About This Instructor
2023-2024-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 232.09 KB
2022-2023-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 231.21 KB
2021-2022-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 229.23 KB
2020-2021-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 212.65 KB
2019-2020-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 213.53 KB
2018-2019-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 198.79 KB
2017-2018-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 199.83 KB
2016-2017-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 211.9 KB
2015-2016-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 213.5 KB
2014-2015-Child-Care-Services.pdfpdf - 212.27 KB