Launch your career in Nursing
A career as a practical nurse is a great start to a nursing career. Under supervision, you’ll be able to manage and direct care in various health care settings. You’ll learn how to assist with health assessments and medication administration, and also learn about drug classifications and their effect on the body, and the promotion of healthy lifestyles. Upon completion of the program you’ll be eligible to take the National Council of State Board's licensing exam to become an LPN.
The practical nursing program at Lakeshore Technical College at the Cleveland campus located in Cleveland, Wisconsin is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the practical nursing program is Continued Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm.
*Lakeshore Technical College’s Practical Nursing program prepares students to obtain the required licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examination, or licensure for other states.
Already have your Medical Assistant Diploma? Turn that into a Practical Nurse Diploma!
- Technical Diploma
- 5 Terms
- 31 Credits
- Part-time evening program and some Saturdays
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts June
WISCONSIN BOARD OF NURSING HAS GIVEN AUTHORIZATION TO ADMIT STUDENTS TO THIS PROGRAM
Median Income: $43,958.00*
POTENTIAL JOB TITLES
(Click a title for job description)
Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. May work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
*Lightcast/EMSI data is a hybrid dataset derived from official government sources such as the US Census Bureau, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and Bureau of Labor Statistics. This salary data is from Lakeshore District, unless noted otherwise (i.e. Wind programs use State of WI.)
ADMISSION AND FIRST SEMESTER ENROLLMENT STEPS
Work with Admissions Advisor to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts and test scores. (Submit official high school transcripts)
- Complete the Background Information Disclosure form.
- Complete the Student Success Questionnaire.
- Complete the Technical Standards form.
- Complete Nursing Handbook.
- Schedule your First Time Program Counseling/Registration Session with your assigned program counselor to plan your first semester schedule, review your entire plan of study and discuss the results of the Student Success Questionnaire.
*Submit transcripts and test scores (optional, highly recommended): College transcripts, along with high school transcripts and test scores from within the last five years, used for course registration. Official transcripts needed for transferring college credit(s) and for financial aid purposes.
FUTURE SEMESTER ENROLLMENT STEPS
Work with your Program Counselor to:
- Pass Health Occupation Entrance Assessment (HESI) with a 70% or higher
- Complete and submit Health/TB Tetanus Form
- Meet math requirement for Nursing (Accuplacer score of 263 or college level math).
- Nursing Assistant skills must be attained in the semester prior to starting Intro to Clinical.
- Lakeshore has a three-step Admissions/Enrollment collage application process for all students. Step One is to complete the admissions requirement to get accepted into the college. Step Two is to complete the class registration requirement to enroll into general education courses. Step Three is to complete the program requirements to be accepted into the Practical Nursing program.
- It is mandatory that all of the Practical Nursing general education classes be completed prior to starting the core nursing classes. A grade of C or better is required in all classes, with the exception of Body Structure and Function; A grade of B or better is required.
- Lakeshore will take 16 Practical Nursing students one time per year (Summer only) via a Priority Enrollment process.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
This program is offered part-time in the evening. Courses could be offered four nights a week in the late afternoon/evenings and may include Fridays and/or Saturdays. Classes on campus typically meet 5pm to 10pm and clinical courses anywhere between 2:30pm -10pm though times may vary.
My career shift from the bedside to education has been very eye opening. I am excited to pass on as much knowledge as I can to the next generation of nurses from Lakeshore!Learn More About This Instructor
Getting to work with students is exciting every day. I get to watch them grow and improve throughout the one year Practical Nursing program. Getting to see them expand their knowledge from start to finish is truly inspiring to me.Learn More About This Instructor
As a nurse educator, I "have the best of both worlds," for I not only get to teach the future generation of nurses, but I continue to "learn something new every day"! I look forward to my new journey here at Lakeshore!Learn More About This Instructor
Nursing Program Student Handbookpdf - 1.01 MB
Student Achievement Outcome Datapdf - 158.92 KB
2023-2024-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 242.05 KB
2022-2023-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 238.8 KB
2021-2022-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 243.65 KB
2020-2021-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 178.45 KB
2019-2020-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 200 KB
2018-2019-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 188.69 KB
2017-2018-PT-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 191.32 KB
2016-2017-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 236.19 KB
2015-2016-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 216.77 KB
2014-2015-Practical-Nursing.pdfpdf - 215.14 KB