- Technical Diploma
- 5 Terms
- 31 Credits
- Part-time evening program and some Saturdays
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Starts June
- WISCONSIN BOARD OF NURSING HAS GIVEN AUTHORIZATION TO ADMIT STUDENTS TO THIS PROGRAM
Launch your career in Nursing
A career as a practical nurse is a great start to a nursing career. Under supervision, you’ll be able to manage and direct care in various health care settings. You’ll learn how to assist with health assessments and medication administration, and also learn about drug classifications and their effect on the body, and the promotion of healthy lifestyles. Upon completion of the program you’ll be eligible to take the National Council of State Board's licensing exam to become an LPN.
This program is accredited by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road N.C., Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
*Lakeshore Technical College’s Practical Nursing program prepares students to obtain the required licensure to be employed/practice in the state of Wisconsin. The College does not guarantee its curriculum matches the requirements for preparation, examination, or licensure for other states.
NOTE: To see the order of courses you will take for this program, please view the Program Sheet.
ADMISSIONS TO DO's
Work with Career Coach to:
- Submit Application
- Submit transcripts (high school & other colleges).
- NOTE: Official transcripts required for acceptance of transfer credits; Financial Aid may require.
- Complete Background Information Disclosure form and $20 non-refundable processing fee.
- Complete the online Student Success Questionnaire.
CLASS REGISTRATION TO DO's
- Technical Statement for Practical Nursing
- Read the Nursing Program Handbook and submit the signed verification page.
PROGRAM TO DO's
Work with your Academic Advisor to:
- Pass Health Occupation Entrance Assessment (HESI) with a 70% or higher
- Complete and submit Health/TB Tetanus Form
- Meet math requirement for Nursing (Accuplacer score of 263 or college level math).
- Nursing Assistant skills must be attained in the semester prior to starting Intro to Clinical.
- LTC has a three-step Admissions/Enrollment collage application process for all students. Step One is to complete the admissions requirement to get accepted into the college. Step Two is to complete the class registration requirement to enroll into general education courses. Step Three is to complete the program requirements to be accepted into the Practical Nursing program.
- It is mandatory that all of the Practical Nursing general education classes be completed prior to starting the core nursing classes. A grade of C or better is required in all classes, with the exception of Body Structure and Function; A grade of B or better is required.
- LTC will take 16 Practical Nursing students one time per year (Summer only) via a Priority Enrollment process.
Approx Cost Script Loading
Want more information?
This program is offered part-time in the evening. Most courses will be offered four nights a week (Monday-Thursday). Classes on campus will run 5pm-10:00pm and clinical courses will run 3pm-9:30pm.
Potential Job Titles
(Click a title to explore salary & job data)
Salary data is derived from surveys collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and mapped to LTC programs using economic modeling software. As with any survey data, the wages presented here are prone to error and sampling bias. Educational decisions should not be entirely based on the data presented here. The wage data presented here is the median annual salary in the LTC District as reported by EMSI (Economic Modeling Specialists Intl.) Some people beginning work at jobs in these fields may find a higher or lower starting wage that what is reported here.